Nanya Geological Hiking Trail is an ideal beginning of a geological adventure in the Northeast Coast. Since the coasts here are steep, cliffs and weathered rocks are many - although these formations might show different levels of corrosion. Exactly because the hardness and thickness of each layer of rocks are different, the geological landscape here is highly diversified. Among the popular rocks are: Ice Cream Rock, Bamboo Shoot Rock, and Fur Seal Rock, each expressing some unique charm when appreciated from a certain angle. Visitors may want to climb onto a big rock to appreciate the vast blue sky and the sea, or to observe some amazing rocks along the trail, which faces oceans on one side and mountains on the other. Although just 300 meters long, the trail has many ecological and geological resources to offer.
A photo-taking tip:
At sunset and sunrise hours, Fur Seal Rock and Ice Cream Rock look especially impressive under rays of the Sun and some colorful clouds.
1. Golden Fulong 856 of Taiwan Tourist Shuttle, Keelung Bus à Get off at Nanya Nanxin Temple.
2. Keelung Bus 791 à Get off at Nanya Nanxin Temple.
3. Keelung Bus 886 à Get off at Nanya Nanxin Temple.
4. King Bus 1811 or 1812 à Get off at Nanya.
5. Bus F805 à Get off at Nanya Neighborhood.